- Adam Day on coming 2nd in the Bucks County Schools U17 cross country, securing a place on the team for English Schools National Cross Country on 12th March
- Max McGarvie who came 13th in the Bucks County Schools U15 Boys and Luke McGarvie who was 14th in teh U13 Boys competition.
- Yasmin Paton who won the Yr 5/6 ISA London West regional cross country event and goes on to compete in the ISA National finals
StartFit Met League Match 5 : Saturday 13th February 2016
Race Venue : Alexandra Palace, Alexandra Palace Way, London N22 7AY
Course : undulating scrubland with long steep hill. Normally wet and muddy throughout.
Headquarters : The Pavillion, North Middx Cricket Club, Park Road London N8 8JJ
: approximately 1.25 km from the course
Parking : on the course
Public Transport : Alexandra Palace Rail Station
Registration : event HQ
Clothing : bring spikes with 12mm and 15mm spikes (decide on the day most suitable to wear)
: you must wear a competition club vest
Arrive : at least 1 - 1.5 hours before your race starts
Changing : at The Pavillion, North Middx Cricket Club (showers also available here)
Start times and distances
1.00pm U11 boys and girls 1500m
1.15pm U13 boys 3000m
1.20pm U13 girls 3000m
Not before 1.35pm U15 U17 boys 4000m
Not before 1.40pm U15 U17 girls 4000m
Not before 1.55pm Sen/ vet women 6000m
Not before 2.35pm Sen / vet men 8000m
Well done to all who competed in the final round of the Berkshire Sportshall League at TVAC on 31st January.
- U11 Boys 1st Girls 2nd
- U13 Boys 2nd Girls 3rd
- U15 Boys 1st Girls 2nd =
After a great season of Sportshall athletics the following have been selected to represent Berkshire at the South Regional Finals
- U11 Boys : Alex Pennycooke; Freddie Fenton; James Dhanraj; Jayden Goldsworthy; Jayden Meghoma; Philip Oladunjoye; Thomas Day; Trey Bennett
- U11 Girls : Chinenye Enekwa; Eva Barnett; Katy Beadle; Riley Hopley
- U13 Boys : Akeem Willis; Connor Rapecki; Elijah Oladunjoye; Feranmi Sanni
- U13 Girls : Hope Dandjinou
- U15 Boys : David Dhanraj; John Oladunjoye
- U15 Girls : Angela Rivera
A reminder to everyone aged 9+.....the first outdoor track and field competitions are nearly on us.
Make sure you get your entry in before the places go.
- Saturday 27th March Bracknell Young Athletes Meeting at Bracknell Sports Centre
- Saturday 2nd April WSEH Open Meeting at TVAC
We know how good the athletes are at what they do. What we don’t know too much about is what any of the parents do.
We still have an urgent need for
- someone with good carpentry skills (a day of work)
Sponsorship of Great Causes
Many people associated with the club do fantastic things during the year to support great causes. Here are some coming up soon - I know just how much they would really appreciate your support
- Olivia - former SJAC athlete and coach until the summer - going to Nepal as a part of Voluntary Services Overseas in March for 10 weeks. Whilst there she will be living and working in the community developing agriculture and education and helping rebuild after the earthquake. She is currently doing all sorts of things to raise funds (including giving up certain indulgent foods and has rowed a 10km ergo test..) to get herself there and to support her whilst she is there. How about giving her some support after all she did for you? Link www.justgiving.com/Olivia-Rowland
- Gurpal - dad of Mini Ones member Sahdev is climbing Kilimanjaro in March. Here is his link https://www.sponsorme.co.uk/gurpalrana/gurpals-kilimanjaro-trek.aspx
- Sport Relief Mile 20th March why not stretch your legs and be a part of The Eton Mile at TVAC as a part of Sainsbury’s Sport Relief weekend. It will be a day of fun at TVAC with other activities as well as the opportunity to run 1, 3 or 6 miles. Link http://my.sportrelief.com/search/event/result?id=4066&location=Eton