Described as an “undulating course” the final round, Match 5, of the StartFit Cross Country league took place at Aly Paly on Saturday in real cross country conditions.
There were some outstanding individual results from SJAC athletes. The full results are as follows:
- U11 Boys Thomas Day 1st; Luke McGarvie 8th; Nial Rapecki 21st; Freddie Kelly 22nd
- U11 Girls Daisie Lange 11th
- U13 Boys Max Brech 2nd; Scott Lange 20th; Joshua Patteson 31st
- U17 Men Joel Lange 2nd (1st U15 Boy); Ross McGarvie 6th; Aaron Hall 18th; Sammy March 26th; Lucas Boyt 40th
- U17 Women Angela Rivera 21st; Buffy Samways-Elliott 37th; Autumn Dodge 38th
These results are really encouraging and set the endurance group up well for the track and field season.
Well done to everyone and particularly to Chrissie for her excellent work in managing the team through the season.
England Athletics Age Group National Indoor Championships : Sheffield
- Adam Day who just missed out on a place in the U17M 800m final running close to his PB in a time that puts him in the top 20 on the national rankings
- Elliott Thorne who came 2nd with a jump of 6.89m in the U17M long jump, and remains ranked 2nd on the national rankings
- Jaiquarn Ballah (nationally ranked 15th) who also just missed out on the place in the final of the U17M 60m
- Louisa Snape who could not quite follow up her superb PB performance at TVAC last weekend (8.10secs) and narrowly missed a place in U17W 60m semi-final
It is fantastic to see so many of your young athletes competing at the national championships.
Congratulations to Lucy Gryce (U13G) competing at Lee Valley who has an outstanding day setting new PBs in shot 8.60m (nationally ranked 6th); 60m hurdles 10.54 (nationally ranked 6th) and climbed the national rankings to 6th in the high jump (1.35m) and in the 800m to 14th.
Lucy is maintaining our great and long held tradition of all-round multi-event junior athletes.
We fully appreciate that feet grow and spikes can be expensive to keep replacing.
To help you we have a selection of spikes that have been given to us by athletes as they have grown out of theirs and have purchased or even swapped with ones we have.
If you have any old spikes you might consider donating for the benefit of those who come along after you or are looking to borrow / swap a pair please do let Conrad know and he will assist you
Summer 2016 : Membership and Parent Rota forms
These are now available on the web site.
Please return no later than Saturday 5th March.
We accept only hard copy - no on-line returns, PDF’s, spreadsheets or last minute emails.....
Late..........and your place will be offered to others on the waiting list!
Membership Renewal Form, Summer Term 2016
Parent Rota Availability Form, Summer Term 2016