Please find attached link for the first draft details of the teams and logistics for the forthcoming 3rd round of WYAL at Woking on 6th July. Last round proved to be extremely competitive and we achieved great success. There are now just two rounds left and so we have the opportunity to further improve our standings. As usual there will be opportunity to compete in some events as non- scorers. Please let GirlsTeam@sjac.uk.com and BoysTeam@sjac.uk.com know if there are events your athlete would want to compete in as a non-scorer, or if you have any questions.
I look forward to another challenging Sunday competition!
This is the team sheet link:
Woking Round 3 team announcement
This is the link for directions:
Woking Athletic Club Sheerwater Track, Blackmore Crescent, Woking GU21 5NZ
This is the link for the:
· It has been our practice in past years to have everyone at the match from 10am.
· I appreciate this is a long day; we do however need to confirm teams before the competition starts at 10.45 and we will have drop outs as late as on the day. You will need time to warm up too.
· Please report at 10am to the Team Manager (myself for the girls team and Francesca Rowland for the boys team).
· All athletes to bring safety pins, minimum 8 required (4 front, 4 back), water, appropriate weather apparel/protection
Illness / Absence
· If for any reason you are unable to compete please let us know asap. We are able to make changes to the team on the day. More challenging is that we also need to inform other athletes that their events may have changed.......and inform the event organisers, of any changes, before it is too late for the athletes to compete.
Reporting to Events
· You must report to the official at your event 15 minutes before it is due to start.
· If you have a field event that is at the same time as a track event report to the officials at the field event and tell them your situation. Then go to the track event at the correct time.
U13 U15 U17 ONLY
A / B String
· On the Events sheets you will see next to your name an A ( J ) or a B ( JJ )
· This is your string in that event
· If you are A string you wear J on your vest
· If you are B string you wear JJ on your vest
· You must wear your NEW club competition vest to be eligible to compete.
NEW competition vests for U13, U15 and U17 athletes will be available on Saturday at the end of the session or on Sunday, cost £12.50, please bring the correct money (cheques payable to Slough Junior AC). Athletes will not be allowed to compete in old style vests.
Scoring athletes (A and B strings on the team selection) will be given their letter (J/JJ) to wear when they arrive. Non-scoring athletes will receive a number.
· There are some events that also allow for non-scoring athletes, subject to the timetable and how many athletes want to enter.
· These track events are shown on the timetable
· We will also be able to enter 1 person per event per age group in the field events
· Each athlete must compete in 4 events; 75m, howler throw, 600m and long jump
· You have to complete all 4 events for your score to count towards the overall team points total
· Please report to your event 15 minutes before the start time to register
· Wear your club t-shirt
· You will be allocated a number on arrival