I have just been looking at the teams for the next round of the Wessex League (click on above link), and I must say these are some of the most promising and exciting we have had for some years - congratulations to everyone who as made the team and commiserations to those who have been unlucky this time around - I know that each of you will come back with a stout heart and enthusiasm to contest for a place on the team for the final two rounds in July.
It is particularly exciting to see the number we have entered as non scorers - the Wessex League provides each of you with such a wonderful opportunity to compete, prove to the coaching and team selectors that you deserve a place on the next team and also for you to have a trial at events which you might not ordinarily think about doing. If you want to fill any of the non scoring gaps I know Mike Girlsteam@sjac.uk.com or Francesca Boysteam@sjac.uk.com will do whatever they can to assist you in this.
Good luck to everyone - it promises to be a great day of athletics.
Thank you parents in advance for your support leading up to and on the day - it is always much appreciated.
This is the link for directions swindonharriersdirections
This is the link for the timetable
· It has been our practice in past years to have everyone at the match from 10am.
· I appreciate this is a long day; we do however need to confirm teams before the competition starts at 10.45 and we will have drop outs as late as on the day. You will need time to warm up too.
· Please report at 10am to the Team Manager (myself for the girls team and Francesca Rowland for the boys team).
· All athletes to bring safety pins, minimum 8 required (4 front, 4 back). Water.
Illness / Absence
· If for any reason you are unable to compete please let us know asap. We are able to make changes to the team on the day. More challenging is that we also need to inform other athletes that their events may have changed.......and inform the event organisers, of any changes, before it is too late for the athletes to compete.
Reporting to Events
· You must report to your event 15 minutes before it is due to start.
· If you have a field event that is at the same time as a track event report to the officials at the field event and tell them your situation. Then go to the track event at the correct time.
U13 U15 U17 ONLY
A / B String
· On the Events sheets you will see next to your name an A ( J ) or a B ( JJ )
· This is your string in that event
· If you are A string you wear J on your vest
· If you are B string you wear JJ on your vest
· You must wear your NEW club competition vest to be eligible to compete.
NEW competition vests for U13, U15 and U17 athletes will be available on Saturday at the end of the session or on Sunday, cost £12.50, please bring the correct money (cheques payable to Slough Junior AC). Athletes will not be allowed to compete in old style vests.
Scoring athletes (A and B strings on the team selection) will be given their letter (J/JJ) to wear when they arrive. Non-scoring athletes will receive a number.
· There are some events that also allow for non-scoring athletes, subject to the timetable and how many athletes want to enter.
· These track events are shown on the timetable
· We will also be able to enter 1 person per event per age group in the field events
· Each athlete must compete in 4 events; 75m, howler throw, 600m and long jump
· You have to complete all 4 events for your score to count towards the overall team points total
· Please report to your event 15 minutes before the start time to register
· Wear your club t-shirt
· You will be allocated a number on arrival