On behalf of the entire team, coaches and support, may we wish each of you at the very best for a joyous, peaceful and rewarding 2016 - be it faster, higher or further good luck in realising your goals - we are all there to support you in realising them.
Parent Rota Schedule
This is now available on the website - please check your dates. If for any reason they have now changed please use the SWAP sheet displayed each week at TVAC during the sessions to make your changes.
Spring Parent Rota
We are delighted to have Alison Smith joining the support team as the new Club Secretary. Alison will be assisted by husband Daniel - they have two sons at the club Luke and Matthew.
Officials Course : TVAC 28th February 2016
To compete in the Wessex League and any other league we have to provide qualified officials - willing and able parents raking, retrieving and assisting is fantastic but we also need qualified officials. Without the requisite “team” at league matches we will not be allowed to compete.
Coaches cannot be expected to be double up each time.
On Sunday 28th February there is an officials course at TVAC. This is an ideal opportunity for you to take the first step - it may be your only step but it might be the first en route to Tokyo 2020 - no kidding.
If you would like to take either a field official, a track official or a time keeping Level 2 (2015) qualification please follow the following link (you need to complete the health and safety module as well as the specific module - which you can do all on the same day).
If you would like to know more about what is involved please ask Conrad, Paige or Francesca each of whom is a field official and they will share with you how rewarding and satisfying it is.
The club will pay for your course.
Important Diary Dates
Please ensure you have the following dates in your diaries
- Saturday 9th January : Saturday training sessions restart
- Saturday 16th January : Met League Cross country
- Sunday 17th January at TVAC Berkshire Sportshall U13 and U15 County Championships Sunday 13th December at TVAC; participating athlete and details already announced
- Sunday 31st January at TVAC Berkshire Sportshall U11 U13 U15 League Match 3 - the final and deciding round
- 13th February : Met League Cross country
- 17th April : first round of the Wessex League at Basingstoke
In addition to the above there are many other indoor and emerging outdoor competitions to make note of and consider entering or gaining selection for...including
- 28th February : U11 Regional Sportshall final at Burgess Hill for those selected to represent Berkshire
- 6th March : U13 U15 Regional Sportshall final at Burgess Hill for those selected to represent Berkshire
Spring half term camp : 15th - 18th February 2016
After the success of the extra sessions at half term in October we are looking to make half term camps a regular feature for all of our members.
Spring 2016 will be no exception.
Sign-up sheets will be at TVAC from Saturday - you can come for 1 or all 4 half day sessions from 9:30 - 12:30 (we will look at an early drop off facility and also at a full day if there is the demand).
This is a really great opportunity for you to get really ready for the outdoor season, or just to hone your technique that little bit more.
Synergy Physio : Egham
We are delighted to announce that as an integral part of us working with and developing the whole athlete we have established a relationship with Synergy Physio with clinics in both Egham and Woking.
Under the guidance of Michael Nichol a team of 10 physiotherapists work at Synergy Physio. Michael specialises in movement skills and rehab programmes.
Over the coming weeks we will be further developing the relationship - a number of our athletes have already experienced the value of video analysis and are now working to address certain aspects of their running to ensure they are both mechanically more sound, effective and efficient going forward as well as ensuring they prevent future injury.
On 19th January 7:30 - 8:30pm Synergy Physio is running a seminar for runners offering you the chance to learn how to train wisely in the New Year and how not do too much and too soon.
- How to create the perfect training plan
- How to avoid common injuries such as back pain, runners knee and stiff shoulders
- What not to do in your training this month
- How to train smart
Call 01483 600 351 to book your place
Congratulations to the following on some great results over the last week or so
- George Mbofana : 60m sprint 7.58 New PB
- Jaiquarn Ballah : 60m sprint 7.17 New PB
- Louisa Snape : 60m sprint 8.18 SB (0.01 outside PB...)
- Lucy Gryce : 60m hurdles 10.96 and Shot 7.98cm both New PB’s
- Yasmin Lloyd (coach) Shot 10.24m New PB